Wedge salad with bay shrimps and balsamic reduction
1/4 of iceberg lettuce
2 oz of cooked bay shrimps
1 pc uncured turkey bacon
1/4 cup of chopped cherry tomatoes
1 TBSP finely chopped red onion (optional)
2 TBSP of balsamic vinegar
Blue Cheese Dressing
1/4 cup of 2% yogurt
1/2 oz of crumbled blue cheese
1/2 tsp of no salt seasoning
1/2 tsp of lemon juice
Pinch of sea salt and pepper
Woman serving size: 259.3 calories, 24.55g protein, 7.22g fat and 22.9g carb
1. Wash and cut the 1/4 iceberg lettuce into 2 wedges. Set it on its side to drain.
2. Optional: squeeze some lemon juice on the shrimps to add flavor and take away the fishy smell.
3. Mix dressing ingredients together in a small bowl, if using red onion add half of the chopped red onion into dressing and save the rest for garnish.
4. Simmer balsamic vinegar on the stove on med high heat bring to a boil and careful not to burn it. Let it reduce until you can coat the back of a spoon and draw a line. Turn off heat and let it cool. It will thicken a little more.
5. Cook turkey bacon to crisp and cut up with kitchen shears into bacon bits.
6. Assemble salad top it with dressing then add bay shrimps, bacon bits then finish it with balsamic reduction on top.